Company: King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST)
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Job Type: Admin, IT
Client facing role that focuses on developing, enabling, and delivering process enables IT solutions to multiple client areas
Major Responsibilities Project Management:
- Creates and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Prepares for engagement reviews and quality assurance procedures.
- Easily recognizes system deficiencies and implements effective solutions.
- Manages day-to- day operational aspects of a project and scope.
- Reviews deliverables prepared by IT service delivery teams before passing to client.
- Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Identifies and documents system deficiencies and recommends solutions.
- Effectively applies methodology and enforces project standards
- Holds regular status meetings with project team and client.
- Effectively communicates relevant project information to superiors.
- Resolves and/ or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
- Technical Skills:
- Possesses general understanding in the areas of application programming, database, ERP systems, and system design.
- Understands Internet, Intranet, Extranet and client/server architectures.
- Possesses a thorough understanding of IT capabilities.
- Maintains awareness of new and emerging technologies and the potential application on client engagements.
- Provides technical direction for the development, design, and systems integration for client engagement from definition phase through implementation.
- Applies significant knowledge of industry trends and developments to improve service to our clients.
- Reviews work of IT service delivery team.
Non-Technical Skills or Attributes:
- Works under routine supervision.
- Uses minor discretion in resolving problems or enquiries.
- Works without frequent reference to others
- Interacts with and may influence immediate colleagues.
- May have some external contact with customers and suppliers.
- May have more influence in own domain.
- Performs a range of varied work activities in a variety of structures environments.
- Business Skills:
- Understands and uses appropriate methods, tools and applications.
- Identifies and negotiates own development opportunities.
- Is able to work in team.
- Is able to plan, schedule and monitor own work within short time horizons.
KAUST aspires to be a destination for scientific and technological education and research. By inspiring discoveries to address global challenges, we strive to serve as a beacon of knowledge that bridges people and cultures for the betterment of humanity.