Company: Jumeirah Hotels & Resorts
Employment Type: Full Time
Experience: 1 Year
Location: Dubai, UAE
Job Type: Hospitality, Hotel
An exciting role has arisen in the Food & Beverage department at Madinat Jumeirah Resort for a highly motivated and hardworking individual. The main purpose of this position is to responsible for the warm welcome of all the restaurant’s guests in a friendly and timely manner and provide knowledgeable, friendly, professional and efficient F&B support to all colleagues ensuring maximum guest satisfaction in a manner consistent with Madinat Jumeirah standards.
- Identify customer needs and expectations correctly, including those with special needs, and provide appropriate products, services or information.
- Meet all reasonable needs and requests of customers within acceptable enterprise time frames.
- Identify and take all opportunities to enhance the quality of service.
- Recognize customer dissatisfaction promptly and take action to resolve the situation according to individual level of responsibility and MJ customer feedback/ complaint procedures.
- Offer assistance to colleagues when required, to ensure designated work goals are met.
- Demonstrate trust, support and respect towards team members in day-to-day work activities.
- Conduct communication with customers and colleagues in a polite, professional and friendly manner.
- Practice high standards of personal presentation in accordance with JI & MJ Grooming & Presentation Standards
- Seek assistance from other team members, supervisors and managers when required.
- Ensures hostess desk/door is manned at all times so that all customers receive a friendly & prompt welcome.
- Schedule dining reservations and arranges parties or special services for customers according to the Restaurant Reservations SOP.
- Actively uses the standards detailed in F&B Enquiry/ Booking Checklist when taking Restaurant enquiries or bookings.
- Greets guests, and escorts them to tables, and provides menus.
- Knowledgeable of all in-house services as well as local information and be able to assist guests when questioned.
- Has a working knowledge of the dining room layout, table numbers, stations and colleagues working during each shift.
- liFamiliar enough with the menu to answer any questions the guests may have and should inform guests of any specials at time of seating.
- Answers telephone within 3 rings using the JI Standard script.
- Demonstrates a sound knowledge of all menu items, MJ F&B Service procedures and JI Hygiene Standards.
- Immediately shares guest name to relevant service staff directly after seating.
- Informs staff of any specific guest request or needs
- Fully certified in the use of Epicure Restaurant Reservation system
- Responsible for the collection and input of any relevant guest history in profile
- Ensures a proper capture of all guest source data (in-house, local residents, outside tourist, SBU) and consolidate per shift.
- Review the notice board and outlet briefing sheets on a daily basis to be well informed of hotel events, city information, sold-out items, daily specials and any other information that may be relevant to the job.
- Complete cleaning, opening & closing checklists when instructed by senior colleagues.
- Assist in recording inventories/ stock-takes as required.
- Ensures that all menus, wine lists and dock presenters are clean and in top condition.
- Demonstrate knowledge of individual contribution to department objectives.
- Attend training sessions as scheduled.
- Suggest to manager or departmental trainer any training needed to enhance performance.
- Perform side duties including folding napkins, rolling silverware, cleaning trays, restocking shelves, filling ice bins, cleaning and breaking down service area, using cleaning compounds, and other duties as required.
- Report any possible theft or misuse of Resort property immediately to a member of management.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties as assigned by the Outlet Manager/ Assistant Manager/ Team Leader or Senior Management.
This position offers a highly competitive salary and package which includes:
- Fully furnished shared accommodation
- Free transport to and from your place of work
- Laundry services
- Meals during working hours
- Bi-annual flight allowance
- Medical coverage
- Life and accident insurance.
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following experience and qualifications:
- At least 1 year experience in similar role in a five-star hotel or standalone restaurant
- You must have a basic understanding of Food & Beverage operation
- Knowledge of Food and Beverage applications (Epicure, Micros)
- Good command of English language (spoken and written)
Jumeirah Hotels & Resorts are regarded as among the most luxurious and innovative in the world and have won numerous international travel and tourism awards. The company was founded in 1997 with the aim to become a hospitality industry leader through establishing a world class portfolio of luxury hotels and resorts. Building on this success, in 2004 Jumeirah Group became a member of Dubai Holding – a collection of leading Dubai-based businesses and projects – in line with a new phase of growth and development for the Group.